PRINTED MATTER VANCOUVER
Call For Submissions
Printed Matter Vancouver is proud to announce the submission period for a poetry anthology of previous and current participants in the second Thursday open mic at Cover to Cover Books (http://www.covertocoverbooks.net) in Vancouver, WA. This collection is scheduled for release in January 2011.
The Stuff You Need To Know:
- Poems will be accepted beginning July 15 through August 31, 2010. Submissions will close at midnight, August 31st.
- To be considered for the anthology you will have read your work at the poetry series held the second Thursday of each month at Cover To Cover Books in Vancouver, WA.
- Submissions will be accepted via Email only.
- Please submit a maximum of three (3) poems.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted. We ask that you email us right away if your work is accepted elsewhere. Previously published work is acceptable; however, please indicate name and date of publication.
- If we accept your poem(s) for publication, the editors may have suggestions for edits or format changes to prepare the work for publication. Whenever possible the editors will work with the author to review suggested changes. Authors will have the final decision on the edits. The editors are unable to guarantee publication of your work if they feel the edits are necessary and the author disapproves of the changes.
- Authors whose work appears in the anthology will receive one copy of the book. Additional copies will be available for purchase.
- Printed Matter Vancouver retains first American rights to all pieces published in the collection. From there, rights revert back to the authors.
- Poem(s) must be in Times New Roman, 12-point font with one-inch margins.
- Include your name at the top left of each page.
- Poems should be single-spaced.
- Poems should not exceed 4 pages each.
- Poems should be saved as a Microsoft Word Document.
- Save each poem as a separate document.
What To Email:
- Type “Printed Matter Submission” in the subject line of the Email.
- Include in the body of the Email:
-The title(s) of your poems.
-Contact information: name, address, email, and phone (home and cell).
-Include each poem(s) as a separate attachment.
-Include all attachments in one email.
EMAIL SUBMISSION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org