PRINTED MATTER VANCOUVER
Toni Partington & Christopher Luna, Editors
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS TO RESIDENTS OF CLARK COUNTY, WA
Printed Matter Vancouver is proud to announce the submission period for POETRY MOVES, poetry by Clark County Residents to be showcased on C-Tran Buses beginning January 2016.
What You Need To Know:
• Poems will be accepted until September 1, 2015 at 11:59pm, Pacific Standard Time.
• Submissions will be accepted via email only.
• Submit a maximum of two (2) poems. Poems can be no longer than seven (7) lines. The poem can be a complete poem or an excerpt from a longer poem. If the poem is an excerpt, please indicate this and give the poem title. Previously published poems may be accepted subject to the discretion of the editors. Indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and publication rights in the body of the submission email. Only one poem per poet will be selected and a total of ten poems will be chosen for this phase of the project.
• If your poem is accepted for use in this project, the editors may have suggestions for edits or format changes to prepare the work for display. Whenever possible the editors will work with the author to review suggested changes. Authors will have the final decision on the edits. The editors are unable to guarantee publication of your work if they feel the edits are necessary and the author disapproves of the changes.
• All authors must sign a release provided by C-Tran and agree to photo publicity. C-Tran retains first rights to use and display the poems. From there, rights revert back to the author.
• Authors agree to have their work appear online or in other publicity/promotions by C-Tran, Arts of Clark County, and Printed Matter Vancouver.
- Poem(s) must be in Times New Roman, 12-point font with one-inch margins.
- Include your name, address, phone, and email at the top left of each page.
- Include the poem’s title one line above the body of the poem, in bold font.
- Poems should be single-spaced with one space between stanzas.
- Poems should not exceed seven (7) lines on 1 page and be your original work.
- Seven (7) lines may be excerpted from a longer poem if indicated as such.
- Poems should be saved as a separate document in Microsoft Word with the extension: your last name+poem title. Example: Luna+Sunset Dream
What To Email:
- Type “C-Tran Submission” in the subject line of the Email.
- Include in the body of the Email:
The title(s) of your poem(s).
Contact information: name, address, email, and phone (home and cell).
- For previously published poems, indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and whether you own the publication rights.
- Include each poem(s) as a separate attachment.
- Include all attachments in one email.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS UNTIL SEPTEMBER 1, 2015 AT 11:59PM, PST TO: email@example.com
Sponsored by C-Tran, Arts of Clark County, and Printed Matter Vancouver
One thought on “Submission Call: Printed Matter Vancouver and C-Tran Seek Poetry for the Buses from Clark County, WA Residents (DEADLINE: September1, 2015)”
Reblogged this on SunWinks!.