PRINTED MATTER VANCOUVER
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS TO RESIDENTS OF CLARK COUNTY, WA
Printed Matter Vancouver is proud to announce the submission period for POETRY MOVES, poetry by Clark County residents to be showcased on C-Tran Buses beginning January 2017.
What You Need To Know:
· Deadline: Poems will be accepted until September 14, 2016 at 11:59pm, Pacific Standard Time.
· Submissions: By email only.
· Eligibility: Must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Clark County, Washington.
· What to Submit: a maximum of two (2) poems. Poems can be no longer than seven (7) lines. The poem can be a complete poem or an excerpt from a longer poem. If the poem is an excerpt, please indicate this and give the poem title. Previously published poems may be accepted subject to the discretion of the editors. Indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and publication rights in the body of the submission email. Only one poem per poet will be selected and a total of ten poems will be chosen for this phase of the project.
· If accepted: If your poem is accepted for use in this project, the editors may have suggestions for edits or format changes to prepare the work for display. Whenever possible the editors will work with the author to review suggested changes. Authors will have the final decision on the edits. The editors are unable to guarantee publication of your work if they feel the edits are necessary and the author disapproves of the changes.
· Author agreements: Authors agree to public use of their poem and photo. The Poetry Moves project and C-Tran retain first rights to use and display the poems. From there, rights revert back to the author. Authors agree to have their work and photo appear online or in other publicity/promotions by Poetry Moves, C-Tran, Arts of Clark County, and Printed Matter Vancouver.
§ Poem(s) must be in Times New Roman, 12-point font with one-inch margins.
§ Include your name, address, phone, and email at the top left of each page.
§ Include the poem’s title one line above the body of the poem, in bolded font.
§ Poems should be single-spaced with one blank space between stanzas.
§ Poems should not exceed seven (7) lines on 1 page, and be your original work.
§ Seven (7) lines may be excerpted from a longer poem, if indicated as such.
§ Poems should be saved as a separate document in Microsoft Word with the extension: your last name+poem title. Example: Luna+Sunset Dream
How to Submit:
§ Type “Poetry Moves Submission” in the subject line of the Email.
§ Include in the body of the Email:
o The title(s) of your poem(s).
o Contact information: name, address, email, and phone (home/work/cell).
o For previously published poems, indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and whether you own the publication rights.
§ Include each poem(s) as a separate attachment.
§ Include all attachments in one email.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS UNTIL SEPTEMBER 14, 2016 AT 11:59PM, PST TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by C-Tran, Arts of Clark County, and Printed Matter Vancouver
Printed Matter Vancouver is a small press that provides editing and coaching services to Northwest writers of all genres founded by Toni Lumbrazo Luna and Christopher Luna.