CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS TO RESIDENTS OF CLARK COUNTY, WA
Printed Matter Vancouver is proud to announce the submission period for
POETRY MOVES SEASON 5 featuring poetry by Clark County Residents on
C-Tran Buses beginning January 2018.
What You Need To Know:
- Deadline: Poems will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on September 23, 2017.
- Submissions: By email only.
- Eligibility: Must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Clark County, Washington.
- What to Submit: a maximum of two (2) poems. Poems should be no longer than seven (7) lines. The poem can be a complete poem or an excerpt from a longer poem. If the poem is an excerpt, please indicate this and give the poem title. Previously published poems may be accepted subject to the discretion of the editors. Indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and publication rights in the body of the submission email. Only one poem per person will be selected and a total of ten poems will be chosen for this phase of the project.
- If accepted: If your poem is accepted for use in this project, the editors may have suggestions for edits or format changes to prepare the work for display. Whenever possible the editors will work with the author to review suggested changes. Authors will have the final decision on the edits. The editors are unable to guarantee publication of your work if they feel the edits are necessary and the author disapproves of the changes.
- Author agreements: Authors agree to public use of their poem and photo. The Poetry Moves project and C-Tran retain first rights to use and display the poems. From there, rights revert back to the author. Authors agree to have their work and photo appear online or in other publicity/promotions by Poetry Moves, C-Tran, Arts of Clark County, and Printed Matter Vancouver.
Poem Format (please pay close attention to these directions):
- Format your poem(s) in Times New Roman, 12 point font/one inch margins in one document.
- Include your name, address, best phone contact, and email at the top left of the page.
- Include the poem’s title in bold with one blank line between the title and the body of the poem.
- Poems should be single-spaced with one blank line between stanzas.
- Poems may not exceed seven (7) lines and must be your original work.
- Seven (7) lines may be excerpted from a longer poem, if indicated as such.
- Poems must be saved as a Microsoft Word document with this extension: your last name+poetry moves. Example: Luna+poetry moves.
How to Submit:
- Type “Poetry Moves Submission 2017” into the subject line of the email.
- Include in the body of the email:
- The title(s) of your poem(s).
- Contact information: name, address, email, and best phone contact number.
- For previously published poems, indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and whether you own the publication rights.
- Include your poem(s) as a separate attachment.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS UNTIL 11:59PM PST ON SEPTEMBER 23, 2017 TO: email@example.com