PRINTED MATTER VANCOUVER
Toni Partington & Christopher Luna, Editors
Photo by Julian Nelson
Call For Submissions
Printed Matter Vancouver is proud to announce the submission period for Ghost Town Poetry, Volume 2, a poetry anthology to be released in January 2014. 2014 marks the ten-year anniversary of the popular open mic reading series, hosted by Christopher Luna and Toni Partington and founded by Luna. Ghost Town Poetry takes place on the second Thursday of the month at Cover to Cover Books (6300 NE St. James, Suite 104B) in Vancouver, WA. For more information on the bookstore, go to: http://covertocoverbooks.net
We look forward to reading your work.
The Stuff You Need To Know:
Poems will be accepted beginning April 1, 2013 through May 12, 2013 at 11:59pm, Pacific Standard Time.
To be considered for the anthology you will have read your work at the poetry series held the second Thursday of each month at Cover To Cover Books in Vancouver, WA prior to the submission deadline of May 12, 2013.
Submissions will be accepted via email only.
Submit a maximum of two (2) poems. Previously published poems may be accepted subject to the discretion of the editors. Indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and publication rights in the body of the submission email.
If one of your poems is accepted for publication, the editors may have suggestions for edits or format changes to prepare the work for publication. Whenever possible the editors will work with the author to review suggested changes. Authors will have the final decision on the edits. The editors are unable to guarantee publication of your work if they feel the edits are necessary and the author disapproves of the changes.
Authors whose work appears in the anthology will receive one copy of the book. Additional copies will be available for purchase. Printed Matter Vancouver retains first rights to pieces published in the collection. From there, rights revert back to the authors.
Authors agree to have their work appear online at printedmattervancouver.com
- Poem(s) must be in Times New Roman, 12-point font with one-inch margins.
- Include your name, address, phone, and email at the top left of each page.
- Include the poem’s title below your contact information.
- Poems should be single-spaced with one space between stanzas.
- Poems should not exceed 2 pages.
- Poems should be saved as a Microsoft Word Document.
- Save each poem as a separate document (last name+poem title).
What To Email:
- Type “Printed Matter Submission” in the subject line of the Email.
- Include in the body of the Email:
- The title(s) of your poem(s).
- Contact information: name, address, email, and phone (home and cell).
- For previously published poems, indicate the publication name, date, poem title, and whether you own the publication rights.
- Include each poem(s) as a separate attachment.
- Include all attachments in one email.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS BEGINNING APRIL 1, 2013 TO: email@example.com
3 thoughts on “Announcing a Call for Submissions: GHOST TOWN POETRY VOLUME TWO”
Curious, when will accepted or rejection notification be given?
Thanks! April Bullard
Great question April. We plan to have the submissions reviewed by the end of September and will notify everyone the first week of October. Hope you are enjoying summer!
Happy October to You! Any word on work accepted/rejected yet? Excited about this anthology!